Coming Soon...

Surprise!!! Okay, I have no idea ;)

The Cookbook

WIP....Collection of tested dishes with tips, tricks and links of trusted recipes. This my refresher when am stuck with the million dollar 'what to cook?' :)

Recent Posts

Sweet Beeda/Meetha paan

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 3 Comments

After three consecutive days of festivity, what is more inviting than a sweet beeda(Betel nut) aka meetha paan? :-)


Thanks to Pongal and visiting relatives, I had lots of Betel nut leaves at home and felt so guilty of wasting them this time too :-( (I don't have the habit of eating betel nut as such, even occasionally, so I end up letting the leaves go dry most of the times). 
I decided to make sweet paan and did a little googling and found that gulkhand is one of the main ingredients of sweet beeda. I did not have gulkhand at home and the last time I tried it, I did not develop any particular liking for it. But the pictures by Sonia of Creative Flavours was too tempting to let go. So, I decided to do it my way B-)


I added the following

  • Diamond Kalkandu(Sugar candy)
  • Sweetened Saunf
  • Raisins
  • Dry apricot
  • Dry amla
  • Jeera mittai (Candied Cumins) 
  • Cardamom powder
  • Honey 
  • One clove for sealing everything together

And after all the googling on sweet paan, I have decided to give gulkhand another try :-) 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mouthwatering...
picturebite.com

Sakhi said...

I love meetha pan :)

G said...

Thanks for the comments picture and Sakhi :)

Post a Comment

  • Tags


    Powered by Blogger Widgets
  • Popular Posts