Coming Soon...

Surprise!!! Okay, I have no idea ;)

The Cookbook

WIP....Collection of tested dishes with tips, tricks and links of trusted recipes. This my refresher when am stuck with the million dollar 'what to cook?' :)

Recent Posts

Quick snack - Granola bar

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 0 Comments

A quick healthy snack which is crispy too(my idea of a snack ;)) - Granola bars. I just read the recipe from Sharmis Passions but was little doubtful about my liking for it. Still, I decided to give it a random try without following the recipe strictly and below is the result.
I used a handful of oats and another handful of corn flakes + muesli. I also added one date and one fig, cut into tiny pieces :-) Just dry fry everything, taking care not to burn them, and set aside. Add a little butter(Oops, I didn't have butter and substituted with half a tsp of ghee), then add a tbsp of honey and a tsp of sugar and once it bubbles(happened pretty quickly for such low measurements), add the roasted items, give it a mix and spread on a greased plate.

It was super crispy, tasted great but not sure how long crispness would last with such a 'random' recipe, so i recommend you to follow the recipe if you decide to store them. Needless to say, I did not have any to store ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Tags


    Powered by Blogger Widgets
  • Popular Posts